PURPLE PLANT-BASED PRE-WORKOUT PORRIDGE.
It looks pretty. Tastes pretty. And will fuel a workout. Perfecshun.
Usual tings, here is the video and below is the ingredients/recipe! ENJOY!
- Porridge oats
- Buckwheat flakes
- Strawberries (OPTIONAL)
- 1 ripe banana
- Chia seeds
- Almond butter
- Coconut sugar (or another sweetener of your choice)Method:
- Measure out the amount of porridge oats and buckwheat flakes you want in a bowl
- Add blueberries to a bowl, fill with water and 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Leave them to soak for 5 minutes
- Drain blueberries
- In a pan over a medium-high heat, add blueberries and just about cover them with water
- Bring to a boil
- Add the mixture of oats and buckwheat into the pan
- Mix together
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of coconut sugar (or any other sweetener)
- If it is too thick at this point, add more water and stir
- Put the porridge into a bowl and add the toppings; fruit, seeds, nuts, butters, whatever else you fancy
Simple. Tasty. Healthy.
Hope you liked that recipe! Comment below if you have any questions and send me your pics:
– Instagram/Twitter: @HipsterVeggie
– Snapchat: Hipster_Veggie
And don’t forget to subscriiiiibe to my youtube channel for weekly uploads on how to eat healthy, live healthy and think healthy xoxoxo
HAVE A GREAT WEEK GUYS!!! xoxox
CHICKPEAS! One of the best foods ever. Being indian, I have had my fair share of chickpeas in my lifetime. Channé w/ patōré will forever be one of my favourite dishes.
In this week’s video I show ya’ll how to use chickpeas to make dinner AND dessert! Super quick, simple & health (as always!)
The title of this post includes “failed recipe/embrace your kitchen mistakes” and I will be discussing that toward the end of the post 🙂
Chickpea burgers. An all time personal fave.
- Pink salt
- Garam masala
- Sweetcorn (optional BUT recommended)
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and pulse until combined. You don’t want it TOO smooth; these taste better with a bit of texture
- Dust your kitchen surface with flour; i recommend a mixture of spelt and hemp flour, but any flour is fine
- Make circular burger patties from the mixture (no more than 2cm thick)
- Cover the patties with the flour
- Put them in the fridge for 30mins to set
- Once they are set, add coconut oil to a pan over a medium heat
- Wait for the oil to heat up and place the patties in the pan
- Flip over after 4 minutes. Make sure they are golden and hot all the way through
- Serve in a spelt bread roll with ketchup, hummus, tomatoes, cucumber and caramalised onions
Vegan meringues! WARNING: mine absolutely FAILED because we made them on a SUPER hot day. Meringues absorb humidity from the air and WILL NOT WORK on a hot day! The cooler the day, the better the meringue!
Although this one kind of FAILED (see video above for the HILARIOUS outcome) I still wanted to put it up because a) this recipe has worked time and time again and b) everyone makes culinary mistakes; they are the BEST way to learn.
- Chickpea water
- Coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 120 degrees celsius
- Using a lemon wedge, rub your bowl and whisk to get rid of any grease/residue
- Place 1 cup of the chickpea water into the bowl and, using an electric whisk, whizz it up until it thickens and holds its shape
- Add 2/3 heaped tablespoons of coconut sugar and whizz after each spoon is added
- Place the mix into a piping bag and pipe onto a baking tray OR
- Using a spoon, spoon dollops of the mixture onto the baking tray (you DO NOT need a piping bag)
- Place them in the oven for 60mins and allow 30mins to cool
Now ours turned out looking pretty diabolical (watch the video to see how they looked) BUT remember, don’t let kitchen failures like this knock your confidence. There is NOTHING wrong with failing! Fail, and fail FAST! It is the BEST way to LEARN/GROW!
Thanks so much for reading/watching! Hope you all enjoyed this recipe & video!
Comment below, let me know what culinary fails you have encountered 🙂
See you next Thursdayyyyyyy
Love & peace xoxox